Callaway Big Bertha Driver
The heritage of the Big Bertha line-up draws memories of big, forgiving heads, and the 2014 version breathes life into that vision with the help of modern technology.
- The Big Bertha debuts Callaway's take on Adjustable Perimeter Weighting. It sees an 8g sliding weight move around a five inch track on the perimeter of the head to optimise shot shape and control dispersion.
- The placement of this track is critical in giving the club its high MOI, which helps retain ball speed and accuracy on off-centre hits.
- The driver also features a Hyper Speed Face that delivers more ball speed for longer drives.
- An Advanced Adjustable Hosel enables independent loft and lie adjustability. The standard lofts can be changed by -1 to +2 degrees, while draw and neutral biases are also available, providing eight combinations in total.
- The crown is made of a high strength, lightweight composite material that enables Callaway to keep the swing weight at D2, despite having so many adjustable options.
The Big Bertha provides a balance of speed and control and is designed for the broadest segment of the player population, so is well worth a try if you are in the market for a new driver.