The brand new Motocaddy app is a free to use GPS rangefinder that utilises the world’s #1 database of GPS-enabled golf courses to provide key distances on over 36,000 golf courses worldwide.
The extensive list of features includes overhead course maps with detailed yardages, shot measurement and dedicated greenside information. Golfers can also use the Shot Planning option to see distances to any target; while the automatic course recognition and hole advancement allows the user to select their course and move between holes with ease.
The ‘Power Save’ option changes the look of the app to provide front, middle and back distances as well as a round timer, the hole number, par of the hole and clock, while preserving battery capacity and reducing data usage in the process.
The app is free to download from the Apple App Store and on Google Play now.
- Distances at a glance to the front, centre, and back of the green
- Overhead course map view
- Shot planning control allows you to view the distance to any point on each hole
- Green zoom controls
- Measure the distance of any shot
- Automatic course recognition & hole advancement
- Round Timer for pace-of-play
- Power save mode preserves battery and reduces data usage
- 5-language settings (English, French, German, Spanish, & Swedish)
- Support page provides easy access to support documents (user manual & FAQs), contacting support, submitting new course mapping or course mapping update requests, and more