Nike RZN Platinum Golf Ball
The new Nike RZN Platinum features an interlocking RZN core that delivers more energy at impact for faster ball speeds, longer distance and a more stable ball flight.
- Nike's new Speedlock RZN core has a surface similar to that of a waffle iron so that it interconnects with the compression layer to form a tighter bond that helps promote better energy transfer through the layers at impact.
- This locking action helps eliminate the slipping that normally occurs between a traditional, smooth-surface core and the outer layer. The difference means the ball loses less energy and, as a result, less speed and distance.
- The lightweight RZN material also allows Nike to add weight to the perimeter of the golf ball that gives it an extremely high MOI to provide flight stability in windy conditions.
- Several Nike Golf athletes, including Rory McIlroy and Paul Casey, have put the new RZN balls into play.
- A new spin-optimised coating on the outer surface of the ball helps grip the grooves for better control on shorter shots. The coating, in addition to a softer cover and softer compression in the core, also helps provide improved sound and feel.
- In the new RZN range, the Platinum is aimed at faster swing speeds and offers a moderate spin output.
If you were a sceptical before about Nike's golf ball range then give these a try. They are longer, more stable, and, according to Rory, feel better than ever.