Titleist 716 AP2 Golf Irons
The Titleist 716 AP2 Irons 4-PW are designed specifically to provide incredible forgiveness without compromising on genuine distance. They are developed for the low handicap player searching for consistency.
The scientists at Titleist are keen to focus on the term ‘stability’ when discussing the 716 Irons. They will not let you down and offer a level of regularity any golf game covets; bringing down your score and find more pins.
An extreme 360° undercut cavity creates a large, thin unsupported face that increases both launch and speed for improved distance. High density tungsten drives the centre of gravity low allowing stronger lofts to create even more speed and more distance. The tungsten moves weight to the perimeter increasing movement and generating forward momentum to correct mishits.
Major Champion Jordan Spieth has backed the new release and heralded the irons as the most consistent to date. Each iron includes specifically milled grooves designed to bring incredible spin control to the user.
The reduced centre of gravity also helps minimise thinned connections and allows for supreme shot making on the short and middle irons.
The True Temper Dynamic Gold AMT (Ascending Mass Technology) steel shaft promotes speed and launch in the long irons and control in the short. They feature ascending weights from 112g in the 3 iron to 130g in the PW.
The 716 Irons maintain the traditional Titleist style which will look fantastic in any golf bag. The steel design is very durable and maintains all the great features from the AP2 release of 2013.
On address, the club almost resembles a blade bridging the gap between traditional gravity back. This aids the swing path and encourages a snap through the strike which is often difficult with larger cavity irons.
- Ultra-thin fast face has newly aligned tungsten weighting system
- Features a lowered Centre of Gravity on mid to long irons for consistent striking
- 360° undercut cavity design which will increase ball speeds
- True Temper Dynamic Gold AMT (Ascending Mass Technology) steel shaft
- Ideally suited for skilled golfers seeking consistency from the ground
- Elastomer cavity insert for improved sound and feel
- Reduced vibrations for more convincing and predictable play